Now is the time to start selling online and if you’re already online, you should focus on your online marketing. You don’t need products to sell online, you can sell virtually anything: appointments slots, bookings, virtual goods. Here is even more reason to start your online shop using WooCommerce as they’ve did a massive upgrade to their software:
eCommerce websites, also known as electronic commerce, are online portals that facilitate the buying and selling of goods or services online. The transaction occurs with the transfer of money, information and data over the Internet. It is basically online shopping as we know it. With a single website, anything and everything that a transaction needs, can be executed online.
Types of eCommerce:
- Business-to-Business (B2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies. Example: A business sells SAS products to other businesses.
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and consumers. Example: You buy a new t-shirt from an online store.
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between consumers, mostly through a third party. Example: You sell your old smartphone on eBay or Olx to another consumer.
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services where individuals offer products or services to companies. Example: A Social media influencer offers exposure to their online audience in exchange for a fee.
A website with the main purpose of displaying a portfolio is called “Portfolio Site.”
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to detail your skills and services.
The ultimate goal of a portfolio site is to gain more clients.
Portfolio sites are vital for freelancers working in the digital age. While you can hand out business cards and certain freelancers, such as photographers, can distribute physical portfolios to potential clients, a portfolio website provides a way for any freelancer in any industry to reach more clients on a global scale.
An online magazine is a publication, usually a periodical publication, which is electronically published. Magazines are generally published on a regular schedule and contain a variety of content. They are generally financed by advertising, by a purchase price, by prepaid subscriptions, or a combination of the three.
If you think of a regular print magazine, this version is exactly the same, but published on the internet, through bulletin board systems and other forms of public computer networks. Some online magazines call themselves webzines.
Online event site
A virtual event is an online event that involves people interacting in a virtual environment on the web, rather than meeting in a physical location. Virtual events are often multi-session online events that usually feature webinars and webcasts. They are highly interactive, looking and feeling a lot like their physical counterparts.
Popular uses of virtual events include virtual tradeshows, virtual job fairs, virtual conferences, virtual sales-meetings,, virtual college open days, virtual company-wide gatherings. Virtual events are used by companies to deliver presentations, training, expos, internal meetings and sessions. They are led by a range of key stakeholders, including company executives, marketing managers, product management, human resources and more.
“Virtual event” can also refer to aspects of an event that are brought to users through an online experience. This can range from live-streaming the event online to creating on-demand video content for users to view after the conclusion of the event.
A service-based site is where you are selling a service over the web, and depicting what you do differently than competitors and other businesses marketing a physical product. The main goal is to stand out from the crowd.
You are the product. Whether you’re a real estate agent, doctor, lawyer, bed & breakfast owner, auto-mechanic, caterer, hair stylist, fitness trainer, accountant, investment advisor, childcare provider, housekeeper, dog walker, landscaper, you’re selling your time with the promise of a particular result as opposed to a tangible product.
A consultancy website is for professionals who provide expert advice in a particular area such as business, education, law, regulatory compliance, human resources, marketing and public relations, finance, health care, engineering, science, security (electronic or physical), or any of many other specialized fields.
A consultant is usually an expert or an experienced professional in a specific field and has a wide knowledge of the subject matter. The role of consultant outside the medical sphere (where the term is used specifically for a grade of doctor) can fall under one of two general categories:
- Internal consultant: someone who operates within an organization but is available to be consulted on areas of their specialization by other departments or individuals (acting as clients); or
- External consultant: someone who is employed externally to the client (either by a consulting firm or some other agency) whose expertise is provided on a temporary basis, usually for a fee. Consulting firms range in size from sole proprietorship’s consisting of a single consultant, small businesses consisting of a small number of consultants, to mid- to large consulting firms, which in some cases are multinational corporations. This type of consultant generally engages with multiple and changing clients, which are typically companies, non-profit organizations, or governments.
This type of website will market consultants business and skills online and describe their specialities.
We hope this has helped you in deciding which website type is right for you business.
Please contact us and we will kick-off your new online adventure.